I hope you all have been enjoying the Fall. Here in San Diego we are just starting to feel the change over, it’s getting a bit cooler at night and we are seeing lots of carrots, pears and apples at the farmers markets. I love eating seasonally. It’s a great way to stay connected with nature and support your health. With the change in seasons my morning smoothies change too. Below are two of my Fall go tos for enjoying this seasons flavors, I hope you like them.
Cinnamon Pear Delight
- 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 pears (remove cores)
- 1 banana (frozen will make for a thicker creamier smoothie)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of chia seeds, optional
- 2 to 3 big leafs of swiss or red chard without the stems (you can of course use two handfuls of spinach)
- 1 handful of ice
- Add all ingredients in order listed above into high-speed blender and blend until liquid! If you don’t have a high-speed blender first add all liquid ingredients and greens then blend until liquid. Next add all other goodness and continue to blend (if you slice your banana before freezing it, it will work nicer with a regular blender).
- Pour into two cups, share and enjoy the tastes of Fall with a friend!
It’s a great practice to take your morning green smoothie outside. After being inside all night the fresh cool Fall morning air will really help you wake up. Take some time to set a beautiful intention for your day while you enjoy this healthy seasonal start.
Easy Carrot Ginger Juice
In Fall I can’t help but think of squashes and root vegetables. This super easy juice is made in your blender (of course if you have a juicer you will just need more carrots and won’t add the water). It’s a powerful dose of vitamin A and the antioxidant beta-carotene. Even though it has no greens in it I just had to share it with you all because there are amazing deals on organic carrots everywhere I look. Plus it’s a great way to enjoy them this Fall. The other night when I was having dinner with some friends we made this as our appetizer and it was perfect, so enjoy anytime of day!
- 2 cups of filtered water
- 1 inch of peeled fresh ginger root
- 2 1/2 cups of carrots (cut into about 2″ inch pieces)
- 1 handful of ice
- Add all ingredients in order listed above into high-speed blender and blend until liquid!
- Pour into two cups over ice, share and enjoy with a friend!
I hope you all are enjoying the Fall and that these yummy drinks help you stay healthy. As always I’d love to know what you think of them or what you’ve been drinking this Fall season.