It doesn’t matter if you’re with someone or single don’t forget about all the other relationships in your life that you are grateful for this weekend. Hopefully amongst that list is your relationship and love for Mother Nature. Tyler and I are headed to Tucson, Arizona to spend three days exploring Saguaro National Park. Hiking and being out in nature all day reminds me of why I make the day to day choices to live more sustainably. I love Mother Nature so in the spirit of Valentine’s Day I thought I would share some ideas on how you can show her and yourself some love this weekend. Happy Earth Lovers Valentine’s day!
- Put your barefeet in the grass or sand and take ten deep breaths.
- Look up at the night sky.
- Drink from your reusable water bottle all day before you enjoy some local organic beer or wine to celebrate.
- Be sure to recycle.
- Look up a local service project that is happening later in the month, put the date in your calendar and commit to pitching in.
- Buy organic, fair trade chocolate and enjoy it.
- Turn off the lights (save energy) and light some soy or beeswax candles.
- Hand make your own valentine’s day card by reusing paper you have around your home.
- Donate to a local or worldwide non-profit doing amazing work on behalf of our planet. One of my national favorites is the NRDC.
- Bring your own tupperware when you go out to eat to pack up your leftovers.
- Take a walk outside or go for a hike without being on your phone or listening to music so you can really take in all the beauty around.
- Bring your packable reusable bag with you wherever you go this weekend.
- Share your favorite memory of being outside with a loved one and listen to theirs, (first camping trip, best ski trip, favorite local park when you were growing up). Psst, I’d love to hear it in the comments below too. ;)
- Be sure to tells those you love that you are grateful for them (hopefully that includes yourself and Mother Nature)!
I hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day weekend and that you get to spend time with your loved ones and nature!