Salads, melons, stone fruit, berries, lots of sunlight hours and camping trips, these are just some of the things that jump to my mind when I think about the summer. Berries especially! In years past my favorite was blackberries but this year I cannot get enough of blueberries. It started with wanting some for my 4th of July sangria and from than on me and blueberries have been inseparable (I think I might have a problem). I eat them by themselves, with pecans and almonds for a snack, on oatmeal and of course I’ve been putting them in my green smoothies in the morning. So today in honor of my new found love for blueberries I bring you this super simple, delicious green summer time inspired smoothie!
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 small handfuls of greens (I used spinach)
- 1 handful of ice
- Add all above ingredients in order into high speed blender and blend until liquid! If you don’t have a high speed blender first add all liquid ingredients and greens and blend until liquid. Next add all other goodness and continue to blend (if you slice your banana before freezing it, it will work nicer with a regular blenders).
- Pour into two cups, share and enjoy the taste of summer abundance!
Let me know if you try it or if you have a favorite summertime green smoothie you’ve been enjoying. I’d love to know!