I hope you all had a fun long weekend and are enjoying the short work week! Tyler and I were super busy painting (with no VOC paint of course) and working around our new home. We were staying up late and needing to start our day off with lots of energy so I tried a new green smoothie creation (I seriously had no idea how this was going to turn out); so if you’re a coffee lover keep reading I think you’ll love this one. I’m more of a tea girl myself but I like to indulge in coffee if I’m going to be out late at night, while traveling or sometimes on the weekend.
I’m always trying to sneak more greens into my diet because I know how good they are for me and how good they make me feel. I thought why not try to combine the awesomeness of greens and coffee together…sustained energy magic!
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup of brewed and chilled coffee
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 Tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 2 small handfuls of greens (I used spinach)
- 1 handful of ice
- Add all above ingredients in order into high speed blender and blend until liquid! If you don’t have a high speed blender first add all liquid ingredients and greens then blend until liquid then add all other goodness and continue to blend (if you slice your frozen banana it will work nicer with a regular blenders).
- Pour into two cups, share and enjoy your sustained healthy energy!
Let me know if you try it. I know if sounds weird but trust me it tastes really good. Total bonus no sugar crash like you would get if you started your day with a sugary frappy style drink from the coffee shop.