We are one day away from a 3-day weekend, yay! I thought it might be fun to share with you some great eco-lifestyle reads I’ve come across on the wonderful world wide web that would be perfect to dive into during the long weekend. I hope you have a fun weekend planned that will hopefully involve some reading, relaxing AND spending time outdoors. In the heat of the day make it a point to go outside and get a little sunshine. You can go for a short walk or sit outside and drink a cup of coffee/tea. Enjoy the fresh air!
- 8 Deadly Chemicals In Your Beauty Products. Now I know this article has a harsh titled but it is a great quick, eye opening, read on the science and effects the chemicals in our body care products have on our health and the environment. Changing your beauty and cleaning products out for chemical free ones is a huge step towards living an eco-lifestyle.
- Watch out for this one, you could end up reading article after article (I know I did). The Climate Desk is an amazing website I just found. “The Climate Desk is a journalistic collaboration dedicated to exploring the impact—human, environmental, economic, political—of a changing climate. The partners are The Atlantic, Center for Investigative Reporting, The Guardian, Grist, The Huffington Post, Mother Jones, Slate, and Wired.” -Climate Desk.
- I LOVE Instagram it’s my favorite social media platform and there are some amazing eco-lifestyle folks to follow. If you’re looking for more green tips and inspiration. Zero Waste Home is an impressively helpful account.
- Do you use products from the Honest company? This was a great read about how Jessica Alba beat that odds and created a very successful eco-lifestyle brand.
- I finally got to see and use one of these at a restaurant in Denver. These are so awesome and save heaps of water. Check it out and of course let me know if you try the hack.
- Here’s some tips for staying healthy during the winter.
- I lived in New Zealand for a year and this 4 minute video makes me want pack a backpack, go back and just keep traveling from there. If you have a wanderlust spirit too I’m sure you will enjoy it.
- My friend Dani has a great vegetarian, craft and travel blog. A while back she shared a great DIY all natural homemade citrus cleaner that I think all homes should have.
- During the winter I love to indulge in hot creamy drinks. Can I get an amen for almond milk chai lattes? With the weekend coming up I thought you might want to make a cup of some pretty healthy hot chocolate to sip on and enjoy one evening. Pure Ella is one of my favorite food blogs be sure to check out the recipe tab for even more healthy cooking inspiration.
I hope you enjoy these reads and if you ever come across a great article about sustainability or nature connection please post it on the Facebook page to share it with me. I love reading about this stuff and I’m sure you are coming across articles I’m not. Share the eco love and have a fun weekend!